GUIDE TO MAGZIP SELECTION
MagZip replacement zippers are a complete replacement separating zipper, including slider, and can be installed similar to any standard zipper. We recommend a professional Tailor or Seamstress perform the installation. However, it is possible for a skilled sewer can perform the installation at home. There are many online tutorials including here, here, and here.
Replacement Sliders are available separately.
At this time MagZip is only available with #5 molded Delrin teeth.
Size - refers to the size of the patented magnetic base
- Large - recommended for most garments and those with physical challenges
- Small - only recommended for young children or very light weight garments
- All lengths are in inches
- MagZip zippers are available in a variety of lengths. If the exact length you require is not available, we recommend ordering a slightly longer length. MagZip, as with most standard zippers, can be cut to length and a new Top Stop installed
- Zipper length is typically measured from the very bottom of the zipper tape (the fabric holding the zipper) to the very top tooth, usually known as a Top Stop.
- We have a limited inventory. Many MagZip styles are only available in a single length.